IRIS Audit Program Training Course
Migrant workers are particularly vulnerable to labor exploitation, which often begins at the recruitment stage. The International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) is a social compliance scheme created by the International Organization for Migration (IOM), designed to promote ethical international labor recruitment and mitigate the risks of migrant worker recruitment.
IRIS aims to bring transformative change to the international recruitment industry by:
- Identifying and supporting ethical labor recruiters and leveling the playing field for them
- Presenting migrant workers, employers, governments and society with a roster of labor recruiters committed to ethical recruitment
- Certifying private recruitment agencies that meet all the requirements of the IRIS Standard
- Supporting and improving existing government regulation on international recruitment by incentivizing compliance and good practice
- Promoting the ‘Employer Pays Principle’ and ethical recruitment business model among brands and employers and changing the current ‘worker pays’ business model of international recruitment
To further these objectives, SAI, in partnership with IOM, has developed this course to prepare auditors to audit to the IRIS Standard, and in turn, help recruitment bodies improve their labor compliance and achieve certification. The course is also valuable to any stakeholders seeking a deeper understanding of how to implement ethical recruitment principles in the context of international migration.
In this course, participants will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of international labor migration and ethical recruitment
- Understand the IRIS Principles and Certification
- Understand the IRIS Scheme, General Requirements, and Audit Protocol
- Learn to perform an IRIS audit
- Provide feedback to the IRIS audit program based on experience
Dates: April 2-5, 2024 (9am-5pm)
Location: 9 East 37th Street (10th Floor) New York, NY, United States
Note: You must be logged in to SAI’s Training Center to register for this course. Instructions to register for SAI Training Center account.
Four-Day Classroom Training
- Eight hours classroom time per day
- 1-2 total hours Independent Learning Modules