SAI has launched our public registry of approved Social Accountability Consultants. This list recognizes social accountability-related service providers who have made a commitment to support the implementation of robust social performance management systems and who demonstrate a baseline level of training and experience. The Consultant Registry will benefit everyone affected by social compliance systems, such as:
- Experienced social accountability consultants seeking greater visibility and recognition for their services;
- Companies seeking to improve their social compliance or achieve social certifications;
- Brands and retailers seeking reliable service providers to improve compliance across their supply chains;
- Standard-setting organizations concerned about proliferation of unqualified and sometimes unscrupulous social compliance consultants; and
- Workers, who have a right to have their voices heard when it comes to their safety and wellbeing at work.
Responsible and skilled social performance consulting is a critical component of advancing human rights in workplaces globally. SAI’s Consultant Registry recognizes consultants who look beyond simple compliance in their work, applying a management systems and capacity building approach that integrates worker voice. Consultants on this list have been recognized for meeting certain eligibility criteria and professional development that set them apart from other consultants. You can review eligibility criteria here. For now, the list will be updated on a bi-weekly basis.
We are currently accepting applications for inclusion on the SAI Consultant Registry. The benefits of registration include public recognition of relevant qualifications and experience on the Consultant Registry, opportunities to share experiences, challenges, and learnings with SAI and peers, access to continuing education courses and tools to grow your skills, discounts for SA8000 Basic/Advanced Auditor Training Courses, and more.
If you believe you meet, or will meet within 2 years, the eligibility criteria to become an SAI Registered Consultant, you may apply to be added to the registry. Before registering, you must meet the eligibility criteria and review the Consultant Code of Conduct. Inclusion on the public registry does not represent an endorsement by SAI. If you have questions or concerns about this list or any of the consultants listed or concerns regarding your status, please contact [email protected].