Social Accountability Consultant Course
SAI sees investment in responsible and skilled social accountability consulting as a critical component of advancing human rights in workplaces globally. Consultants often help companies navigate and apply social standards and requirements, but skilled professionals in the field can help companies go beyond auditing to embed changes in daily operations by:
- securing leadership buy-in and ownership of labor improvements,
- fostering worker engagement and participation,
- and guiding companies to internalize these and other positive changes in their organizational culture.
SAI’s Social Accountability Consultant Course will equip consultants with additional knowledge and skills to look beyond compliance in their work to apply a comprehensive management systems and capacity building approach that integrates worker voice.
This course is a requirement to achieve Registered Consultant status in the Social Accountability Consultant Registry.
- Understand the value of social consultants and their role in upholding ethical and credible social standards
- Understand the SAI Social Consultant Registry Code of Conduct
- Learn to facilitate better social performance through a change management approach, including how to:
- Empower companies to “own” social performance and embed compliance and accountability standards in their operations
- Train staff to ensure sustainable implementation and improvement
- Facilitate dialogue between managers and workers and enhance worker voice and dialogue in an organization
- Support companies in developing and implementing social performance management systems
- Advance skills that will support you in applying this model:
- Communication and inter-personal
- Facilitation and Mediation
- Coaching and Training
August 22-24 | 8:30-10:30am EDT
This training is now full. Please subscribe to our Consultant Program mailing list to be notified of future sessions.