SA8000 Advanced Lead Auditor Training
This course is designed to provide an in-depth overview of international labor conventions, labor standard elements, and the SA8000 certification system. The course is required from all SA8000 Lead Auditors based on the requirements set by Social Accountability Accreditation Services. Participants may only take the course after the successful completion of the SA8000 Introduction and Basic Auditor Training. The course consists of an online prerequisite and a classroom training course.
Designed for experienced social auditors, the advanced classroom course equips participants with in-depth knowledge on social auditing and skills necessary for conducting successful audits in the field. The class builds on the collective experiences of the participants, offering insight into fundamental issues that arise in field assessments.
- Compliance issues in different industry sectors and regions
- Advanced auditing skills learned through a variety of case studies and role-play exercises
- Tools for assessing social performance in different areas, such as basic needs wage, overtime hours, freedom of association and control of suppliers
- Interview techniques for gathering accurate information from workers, NGOs, and trade unions among other parties
The course includes audit simulations that allow participants to practice document review, worker interviews, the drafting of non-conformance requests and the conducting of open and closed meetings.
The course concludes with a one-hour exam, and students who successfully pass after attending the online prerequisite and the classroom training course are awarded the SA8000 Advanced Auditor Training Course Completion Certificate.
- Participants must have completed the SA8000 Introduction & Basic Auditor Training course and passed the exam at least 6 months prior to beginning the SA8000 Advanced Lead Auditor Training course.
- After completing the SA8000 Basic Training and passing the exam, participants must conduct at least two SA8000 audits as a team member under a qualified lead auditor before taking the Advanced course.
To check your eligibility to apply for the Advanced course and to register, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for Training Announcements
Register for our email list to receive announcements about new training opportunities in your region