The SA8000® Standard is regularly revised to ensure its continued applicability in the face of new and emerging social and human rights issues. The SA8000:2014 Online Revision Course provides an overview of the changes made during the SA8000 Standard’s latest revision, helping previously qualified auditors to smoothly transition to SA8000:2014 audits. The course consists of two webinars that also serve as standalone courses for auditors and other stakeholders who want to learn about SA8000:2014. On-screen slides, recorded audio, and a scored on-screen exam help participants learn at their own pace and conduct self-checks.
Part 1: SA8000:2014 Online Revision Webinar
This webinar reviews the overarching changes made to the standard and explains the most significant changes in full detail. The webinar focuses on the following elements of the standard:
- Element 2: Forced or Compulsory
- Element 3: Health and Safety
- Element 9: Management System
Duration: (45–60 minutes)
Part 2: SA8000:2014 Online Revision Webinar – Social Fingerprint®
A central improvement to the SA8000® Standard and the certification process was the inclusion of Social Fingerprint – a comprehensive set of tools that helps organizations measure and improve their management system for social performance. This webinar reviews the changes made to the Management System element of SA8000 and explains the integration of Social Fingerprint into SA8000:2014.
After taking this course, participants will understand the purpose and value of Social Fingerprint for SA8000:2014. They will learn how it is incorporated into the SA8000:2014 audit and certification process. Participants will also learn how to use the Social Fingerprint tools (self-assessment, independent evaluation, and rating chart) and the online portal.
Fee (Part 2): US$100
Duration: 45–60 minutes
For SA8000 Auditors
Auditors who wish to update their SA8000 Basic Course Certificate in order to audit against the SA8000:2014 Standard will need to take these webinars and pass with a 75% or higher score on the final exams of both webinars. Two attempts are provided to pass the exam. If you do not pass, you will have to pay to re-take the course. It is important to complete all on-screen slides and recorded presentations in order to pass the exams. Participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement upon successful completion of the courses and final online exams.
The SA8000:2014 Online Revision course consists of two parts (Part 1 and Part 2). If you have already taken and passed the SA8000 Basic Course prior to January 2015, you will need to complete both Part 1 and Part 2. If you have taken and passed the SA8000 Basic Course between January and September 2015, you will only need to complete Part 2. Participants must complete the entire webinar(s) and take the exam(s) with a score of 75% or higher in order to update their SA8000 Basic Course certificate.
Visit the SAAS website for more information about the requirements.
SA8000:2014 Online Revision Training FAQs
Navigating the webinars
- You must begin with Chapter 1. This chapter does not have any voice-over and is just a introduction to what the webinar will cover. After you have finished Chapter 1, you will be able to continue to the Learning Modules.
- The learning module will open to show you the below screen. You can begin with any chapter, and do not need to go in chronological order. However, you must complete all eight chapters to access the exam. You will return to this screen after each chapter to begin the next.
- When you have completed all eight chapters, click “Finish” to unlock the exam.
- You must go in order of the lessons. Begin with Welcome, then Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and so on.
- Some chapters have quizzes. You must complete the chapter before you can take the quiz.
- You do not have to complete the webinar in one sitting. You may sign in and out of the webinar and your progress will be saved.
- Sometimes the “Next” button will not appear until after you have spent enough time on the slide.
- After completing a section, you will no longer see a “Next” button, but a “Rewind” button (which will bring you to the beginning of the chapter) or “Back” (which will bring you back one slide). Click the red X in the top right corner to move on to the next section.
- Successfully completed sections will have a green check mark on the left side. The next chapter will unlock and have a green “Play” button on the left side. Please select “Launch” on the right to continue.
- In some slides, there will be clickable links. Please click on these and the page will open up in another tab.
SA8000:2014 Online Revision Exam
- Log into your SAI Training Center account
- Click on “Catalog”
- Select SA8000:2014 Online Revision Courses
- Click on the cart icon for “RE-TEST: SA8000:2014 Revision Webinar – Part 2: Social Fingerprint” to add the Re-Test to your shopping cart.
- Proceed to your cart and then “Checkout”
- Follow the instructions to pay the US$50 payment
- When finished, return to your home screen and select My Courses. You will find the re-test under My Courses and SA8000:2014 Online Revision Webinars.
SA8000:2014 Online Revision Certificate
Your certificate will be automatically generated in the SAI Training Center after you have completed all sections, passed all quizzes, and passed the final examination with a score of 75% or higher. The certificate will be shown on the right-hand column of the screen when viewing the course and in the “Certificates” section of your account.