SA8000:2014 and Social Fingerprint®
A management system is the set of policies, procedures, and processes that enable an organisation to meet its objectives, and a strong management system is central to the effective implementation of SA8000.
Social Fingerprint is a set of tools that help organisations measure and improve their management systems for social performance. Social Fingerprint is aligned with the SA8000:2014 9. Management Systems criteria, breaking down the concept of a management system into:
- 10 process-based categories
- 5 maturity levels
The key tools used in Social Fingerprint are:
- A management system Self-Assessment completed by the applicant organisation.
- An Independent Evaluation of the management system completed by the SA8000 auditor.
- A Rating Chart that explains the maturity levels for each of the 10 categories.
SA8000:2014 and Social Fingerprint Integration
Social Fingerprint is now included as a part of SA8000:2014 in order to increase the integrity and effectiveness of SA8000 certification.
It identifies the weak links in an organisation’s management system so clients can make targeted improvements and prioritize the most important areas.
Social Fingerprint teaches an organisation about the components of an effective and functional management system, so it can maximize resources and create the best system tailored for its specific needs and risks.
Click here to download a brochure on SA8000:2014 and Social Fingerprint.
"GETTING STARTING WITH SA8000:2014"
For Organisations: How can I get started with SA8000:2014 and Social Fingerprint?
All new SA8000:2014 applicants and current SA8000:2008 certified organisations must first complete an SA8000 Social Fingerprint Self-Assessment as part of the application, transition, or recertification process. The price of the Social Fingerprint Self-Assessment is US $300*. It takes 60-90 minutes to complete the self-assessment.
*Please note this fee is payable to SAI directly on the SAI Training Center.
- If you are currently certified to SA8000:2008, please contact your SAAS-Accredited Certification Body for unique enrollment instructions.
- If you are a new client and have chosen a SAAS-Accredited Certification Body to pursue SA8000 Certification, please contact your SAAS-Accredited Certification Body for unique enrollment instructions.
- If you are a new client and have not chosen a SAAS-Accredited Certification Body to pursue SA8000 Certification yet, please use the Key Name (Nome Unico / Dengjì míng ) SA8000SF and follow the instructions below:
Available Languages English Chinese - Zhongwén Italiano Español*
After you have completed the Self-Assessment and are ready to pursue SA8000:2014 certification, you can arrange for a SAAS-Accredited Certification Body to conduct an Independent Evaluation as part of the certification audit.
*SAI is offering a 20% discount to the first 60 clients that purchase the Spanish Self-Assessment in the SAI Training Center by 30 November 2016. Use the following coupon code when checking out: 20EspanolSASF